1. They work with the same people to get their loans to flip houses in Arizona every time. Once you establish a relationship with a lender, you can eliminate some of the work associated with getting funds down the line. This is particularly true when you’re working with private money and your broker is the one going to bat for you for each round of funding.
2. They know their numbers. The seasoned pros who make a ton of cash doing it always know their numbers, from the value of a property through all anticipated costs, and what the property will sell for after.
3. They don’t get emotionally attached. Especially if you’re new to investment properties, you may have the tendency to get fixated on a particular one. Perhaps it’s in a great location or is going for an amazing price. Maybe you’ve already done the rehab in your mind a thousand times. Unfortunately, something that seems great can go south for lots of reasons; the seller can be fickle about pricing or you might discover it needs more work than you initially thought, resulting in a thin profit margin. Those who become wealthy from flips walk away from these sorts of deals and don’t look back.
4. They get a property sold before it’s done. From the onset of a project, great flippers are networking, talking about their project on social media, sharing photos, and chatting up neighbors as they visit the home. Quite often, the buyer is a friend or family member of someone who already lives in the neighborhood, so word-of-mouth gets it moved fast and the project concludes without a hitch.
5. They expect issues and delays. Problems aren’t problems at all to the seasoned home rehabber; they’re expected and planned for. There’s always extra cash set aside for issues and a bit of wiggle room in the timeline to allow for delays.
There will always be some variables you cannot account for. For example, you may think everything looks great, but pull up old carpeting to replace it and realize there’s flood damage that was not disclosed by the seller. This is where expecting issues and delays comes in and making sure that when you get loans to flip houses, you’ve got a financial cushion to dope with the unexpected. However, those who do best spend time getting to know the industry and each property, then crunch the numbers before making a decision.
Whether you plan to use loans to flip houses in Arizona to get a single property going or you’re in the process of building a strong portfolio, wealth will be built in steps. This isn’t a sprint to the finish, but rather a marathon you’ll train for. Gold medalists don’t become one overnight. They have trainers, they study their craft, and even focus on the little details that can give them a competitive edge, like nutrition. The more you train, the stronger you will become, and that’s what will bring in the cash.
Level 4 Funding LLC
Hard Money Lender
Hard Money Loans
Hard Money Loan
Arizona Tel: (623) 582-4444
Texas Tel: (512) 516-1177
Dennis Dahlberg Broker/RI/CEO
NMLS 1057378 | AZMB 0923961 | MLO 1057378
22601 N 19th Ave Suite 112 | Phoenix | AZ | 85027
111 Congress Ave | Austin | Texas | 78701
About the Author: Dennis has been working in the real estate industry in some capacity for the last 40 years. He purchased his first property when he was just 18 years old. He quickly learned about the amazing investment opportunities provided by trust deed investing and hard money loans. His desire to help others make money in real estate investing led him to specialize in alternative funding for real estate investors who may have trouble getting a traditional bank loan. Dennis is passionate about alternative funding sources and sharing his knowledge with others to help make their dreams come true. Dennis has been married to his wonderful wife for 43 years. They have 2 beautiful daughters 5 amazing grandchildren. Dennis has been an Arizona resident for the past 40 years.