(So, you’re thinking about Trust Deed Investing? Have you thought everything through? Here are a few tips for making your investment as successful and beneficial to you as possible.)
We have been helping people invest in trust deeds for years. Trust Deed Investingis a great way to diversify a portfolio, to obtain a high yield income stream, and to protect your investment. However, it’s still important to think about what you want when you invest in a trust deed. Here are a few tips, tricks, and things to consider from the people who understand the business best.
· Read all documentation provided to you. There’s absolutely no reason to skim the paperwork, as it is very important you understand what you are signing. If you have questions, feel free to talk to us.
· Don’t ever feel like you can’t add to the documentation necessary for a certain deal. If, for example, you would like to add any supplementary documentation or requirements, do so. We can discuss your needs in full, as well as those of the borrower.
· Discuss the loan term with your borrower and with us to ensure the loan will be paid back in as short a time as possible. You don’t want your borrower taking more time than is necessary to pay the loan back, as this could potentially lead to problems.
· Always visit the property yourself before issuing a loan. The borrower will also need to have the property inspected, as well other third parties, but it’s important that you understand the condition of the site.
· Talk to the borrower about how they intend to pay back the loan. Do they have other income streams that will help them do so? Make sure they have a plan in place and that you know what it is before investing.
Trust Deed Investingcan feel easy, even like there is no risk involved at all. But like with any investment, there is some risk to consider. You will be protected greatly by the deed of trust, much more so than if you were to simply loan a friend or another borrower the money they need.
Still, we recommend this as our number-one tip: trust your gut. If something feels fishy, it probably is. Talk to us and find out if there is a problem with something your borrower has told you, and never hesitate to ask questions.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about Investing in Deeds of Trust. Just call to talk to one of our highly qualified and experienced lenders today.
NMLS 1057378 | AZMB 0923961 | MLO 1057378
22601 N 19th Ave Suite 112 | Phoenix | AZ | 85027
111 Congress Ave | Austin | Texas | 78701
About the Author: Dennis has been working in the real estate industry in some capacity for the last 40 years. He purchased his first property when he was just 18 years old. He quickly learned about the amazing investment opportunities provided by trust deed investing and hard money loans. His desire to help others make money in real estate investing led him to specialize in alternative funding for real estate investors who may have trouble getting a traditional bank loan. Dennis is passionate about alternative funding sources and sharing his knowledge with others to help make their dreams come true. Dennis has been married to his wonderful wife for 43 years. They have 2 beautiful daughters 5 amazing grandchildren. Dennis has been an Arizona resident for the past 40 years.